Merry X'mas?

Can we use or say that?
I kept wondering, since I think I've read somewhere that substituting Christ with X is not Godly at all.
Based on some readings I did on the net, I get to know that the word Christmas was constructed from the old English words Cristes Maesse -then later- Cristes-messe which means The Mass of Christ.

While the letter X is the first letter of Christ's in Greek alphabet, Xristos.

So X (chi) is not at all Christ, but just the Ch.
Therefore X cannot be a substitute to Christ.
Therefore, unless for the sake of laziness, I think it's appreciated to keep His name intact, Christ.

Merry Christmas anyone who comes across Origena!!
And Happy Birthday Jesus!! Sorry I can't yet give you a better gift.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered By Blogger | Portal Design By Trik-tips Blog © 2009 | Resolution: 1024x768px | Best View: Firefox | Top