How Low Can You be Louboutinised?

photo by justbemagazine. com
photo: justbemagazine. com
I have a good friend who is a fashion-aware person that makes her can easily pass as a fashionista. I've known that she has a good appetite for fashion, and the way she dress says it all. In fact, she somehow inspired me on experimenting with outfit. She can easily mix and match her wardrobe without falling to become a victim of fashion, and successfully winning people's attention. She looks posh effortlessly, even in second-line brands.

However, one day I received a surprising email with photo attachments from her. Had she not written what's it all about in her email, I would not have bad judgement against them. They are photos of some pairs of beautiful shoes that look like those of Christian Louboutin. She asked me to pick out which pair have the nicest model, cause she wanted to order them for her.

I remember when we were at one luxurious mall in our town, she spotted a woman who wore them, "those are Louboutin" she made me aware of them. She continued explaining me of their incredible prices. I was impressed by the beauty of them, but not by the prices, cause to me they're just excessively expensive, though I could understand some people love to buy 'exclusiveness'.

And for that 'exclusiveness' lifestyle some people don't even mind to cheat by wearing the counterfeit ones. Sad, and what's more sad is, the one that she wanted to order are the knock-offs. It made me laugh and shocked at the same time when I read it, and I refused her idea. She told me that the genuine ones would cost her dearly like some USD 1500, and those she intended to order would only cost her USD 100. I argued her, that by wearing a counterfeit even if it's only a pair, will always make someone ugly and somehow, hurts that person's pride even if other people don't notice the difference. Kind of lousy argument, but I just don't want her to wear counterfeit merchandise. I told her, it's better to wear a non-branded or second-line one than a counterfeit Louboutin. Glad she listened to me and agreed with it.

Really, even though I can't afford a pair of Louboutin, I dislike those people who sell, buy and wear counterfeit. Why must be dictated by a brand?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered By Blogger | Portal Design By Trik-tips Blog © 2009 | Resolution: 1024x768px | Best View: Firefox | Top