Still Mango

The Häagen-Dazs Ice Cake that I ordered for my Pa's birthday was great, much better, fresher and prettier than Bakerzin's Mango Mousse Cake. The whole family were enjoying it.

Last Saturday I was a bit hopeless that I couldn't find a nice substitute for Mango Mousse cake from Bakerzin. My family and I always ordered that same cake for many occasions. The only alternative that I could think was Häagen-Dazs.

Then some friends suggested me Secret Recipe. One friend said Secret Recipe makes fresh cake and he even told me that it also has Mango cake though it's not a mousse cake one. Most of those friends were complimenting Secret Recipe cheese cakes, and I don't really fancy cheesecake. However I still went there with my friends to check how the Mango cake really looks like and to see its other cakes.
I was not satisfied with what I saw. This was not because the cakes were not scrumptious but because they just didn't look scrumptious enough to my eyes
Their prices are very reasonable compared to those at Bakerzin though.

Since I didn't want to take a risk, we then went to another Shopping Mall to find Häagen-Dazs. Unfortunately –which is good because that means it's fresh- all the cakes there can only be ordered 4 days in advance. I was almost regretting myself for not preparing it much earlier, until the waiter told me about the ice-cake type that can be ordered 2 days in advance and the price is reasonable since Häagen-Dazs has been known worldwide for its super premium ice-cream quality. So it I ordered -I forgot the name!!- the ice-cake which is actually 1.5 kg ice cream in a cake form and it's made of strawberry ice cream and our favourite Mango.
The best thing is they even provide a free delivery service for that, I think it's because my place is not very far from there.

There is a bit turn-off though, I found out later from its website that for my purchase I would actually be entitled for four stamps, and with ten stamps collected within a five-months period I would be able to get Häagen-Dazs Super Premium Club (SPC) Membership.

Oh well, nothing is perfect.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered By Blogger | Portal Design By Trik-tips Blog © 2009 | Resolution: 1024x768px | Best View: Firefox | Top